Wyoming Pork Producers Council represents all producers engaged in the swine industry, including both youth and adults at various scales of production. We serve as a liason between the Wyoming swine industry and the National Pork Board (administering Checkoff programs in promotion, education and research) and the National Pork Producers Council (conducting public policy outreach on behalf of 43 member states, including ours). Our office is a direct legislative link for producers at both the state and national representative levels.
Current programs include:
– Direct and endowed scholarships
– Event sponsorship, from Cheyenne Hispanic Festival to 4H & FFA youth activities
– Providing program certification such as Pork Quality Assurance & Operation Mainstreet
– Outreach to educators, nutritionists & dieticians
– Producer education in classroom, written and interactive forms